Friday, March 25, 2016

Abide With Me

            I watched the Mormon Message, Abide with Me- Finding Peace Through Prayer this week and was really touched to change my life.  I saw this lady who was so caught up in her own life and what she was doing that she wasn’t looking towards others.  She worked in a chaotic environment and the stress level was high.  The stress she experienced though wasn’t healthy because it didn’t only affect her, but also her intern.  She was demanding, demeaning, and ugly to this young man.  He didn’t know everything he was suppose to be doing, but she acted as though he should be doing it perfectly.  It wasn’t until she saw him praying that she finally looked outside of herself.  She realized that he was struggling but to get through it he was praying.  When she finally seeks help from Heavenly Father in prayer I felt a direction I could be better. 
            So, while thinking of these things and listening to what I needed to change I felt that sometimes I do this to my very own children.  I sometimes think that they need to do everything perfect exactly how I would want them to do it.  When they don’t I get frustrated and get mad at them.  Other times I thought do I get so involved in my own life and struggles that I don’t even think of what my children are going through.  I learned that I need to be better at looking outside of myself and not get so caught up in the tasks at hand.  I need to care about people.  Life isn’t all about tasks and to do lists.  It’s about the people in our lives that are going to make those tasks and to do lists a lot more enjoyable to do because some of them we will do together.  I love my children but do they really know that I love them more than the other tasks I need to get done in a day.
            I don’t want to tell you what you should get from this video, because I have watched it before and never had this thought come to mind.  I think in each different phase of our life that Heavenly Father guides us in different ways that we can improve then.  So, as you watch it yourself, whether you have seen it before, ask yourself how Heavenly Father needs you to abide in Him.  He needs me to abide in Him, by putting my children as a greater priority in my life.  I’m going to really try to be better this week and I know this will help me become a better version of myself, just like the thoughts you get for you will help you become a better version of yourself.  I know this will change your life for the better and I hope the video touches you as much as it did me.  I couldn’t stop crying.

            You can click on this link to watch the Mormon Message https://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages/abide-with-me-1

No comments:

Post a Comment