Thursday, April 27, 2017

A New Day

I've been having the hardest time writing my thoughts down because I felt that once I had shared my thoughts I had to be different somehow.  It was like I had to live up to someone else's expectation of me and where I was headed.  I finally had some clarity though.  I'm not writing my thoughts on a blog because someone told me I should.  I'm writing my thought down because I felt that God wanted me to.  He is the one that knows what I need to write and share.  He is the one that knows where I am going and who I can become.  When I listen to what He tells me, then it's easier to think and feel truth.  I feel peace and have understanding.  When I listen to what I think others want me to say or how they want me to interpret certain situations I get confused.  I don't like being confused.  I like having that sense of clarity that lets you see how things are working together.  I like having purpose and direction which I'm sure is what many of us are searching for.

So, today is a new day.  A day for me to listen to what God wants for me.  He is the one that is teaching me how to be the best version of myself.  He will use people along the way to help lift and encourage me, but ultimately it is through His guiding hand.  When I do things the way He guides me to I'm a better person.  Of course, I'm also stubborn so I kick against what He says and continually find myself back in a confused state wondering why I didn't listen to Him as He was guiding my life.  I don't want to keep experiencing this up and down and twirl around motion.  I want to move upward and forward.  Hopefully I'll be able to give you the real version of me that struggles, triumphs, progresses and is guided because I know those things are what help us on our journey of becoming who we need to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment